Our people are our greatest asset. They drive the business forward each and every day, come hail, rain or shine. At any one time, we have 80+ staff working for us. Some stay for us for six months - earning money and building friendships and experiences as they travel the world. Others have been with us for many years and are the back bone of our workforce. Some are employed from Papua New Guinea under the seasonal workers program. They gain skills, experiences and take home wages that make a real difference to the livelihoods of their families and their communities. The hard-working people behind our produce help us to maintain the quality standards we are known and respected for. The dedicated employees who make up our permanent workforce range from production and operations managers, agronomists, supervisors, Quality Assurance personnel, maintenance, sales, financial and administration staff.
- Posted: 10/09/2019
- Job title: Papaya Operations Staff
- Location:Ivicevic Rd PADDYS GREEN QLD 4880
- Work type: Full time position
- Tenancy: Permanent position
- Description: Skybury Coffee is seeking up to 3 full time staff at its Paddy’s Green based farm operation. Paddys Green is located approximately 12kms from the township of Mareeba and over one hour from the closest city (Cairns).
- The positions will support the expansion of our papaya business. Main duties include fruit harvesting, packing and planting, with associated QA monitoring. As these positions are likely to transition to roles with supervisory responsibilities, it is expected that applicants will have prior experience working with Papaya and previous supervisory/QA experience is also desirable.
- The roles involves physical outdoor, all weather work often in hot conditions and a good level of fitness is essential. The positions are ONLY available to Australian citizens or permanent residents. Staff will be employed under the terms and conditions of the Skybury Coffee Enterprise Agreement. The plantation is located in a relatively remote area and applicants will need to have their own transport. No public transport is available in the area.
- Please email your resume and a short written statement on why you are suitable for the position to or send to Skybury Coffee, PO Box 1122, Mareeba QLD 4880.
- Number of positions: 3
- Expiry: 25/09/2019
- Hours: 38
- Salary: $40,000 - $60,000
- Contact: Paul Fagg
- Phone Number: 0439566629
- Contact Email: